What is SEO - why is it important to digital marketing?
SEO is Search Engine Optimisation.
YOU’VE ALREADY LOST ME!
Simply put: SEO uses keywords and strategies to rank higher than your competitors on the Search Engine Results Page (or SERP).
What are keywords?
Customers searching the web tend to use similar words to find products or services like yours – these are keywords.
A digital marketing company uses keywords and strategies to rank your business higher up on the SERP so your business is noticed above your competitors. To reach that goal you will need to use SEO marketing techniques.
What is SEO in marketing and what can marketing SEO do for you?
It is using key words and techniques to get the right customers to your site, in a quantity that would benefit your bottom line, and hopefully clients that you don’t always have to pay to reach (called organic traffic). How is this done you may ask?
SEO optimization is created through:
- Having keywords in your website that a search engine recognises to list your business on the SERP. A marketing agency can identify the strongest of these words and incorporate them into your website seo and marketing campaigns.
- Using social media to ensure your website is shared in quality and quantity. Marketing SEO in social media campaigns can grab readers’ attention and use key words and visual techniques to link social media users to your website.
- Developing consistent traffic to your website is termed search engine marketing. Search engines are about continually improving customer search efficiencies. If customers are clicking through to your site from the SERP consistently, then search engines will identify your site more readily as being an efficient search result. A digital marketing agency can do this as a result of points one and two.
- Getting your brand name out there in the media, through professional associations, desirable blog posts etc. can lift SEO. Digital marketing agencies can develop blogs with keywords and connect you with a customer base through their need for information.
- Getting other websites to link to your website. The quality (status) and quantity of these links can lift SEO significantly. For example, your digital marketing agency can use seo and marketing to identify other businesses or associations that can provide quality links to your website, or even particular pages of your website. For example, a blog written by the agency may have statistics that another website tells its readers to refer to. Another website may recommend your product as the best add-on etc.
- Using the right anchor words for the link that people click on in the SERP to find the EXACT content they are looking for. A digital marketing agency can identify these anchor words to use them to build quality and quantity leads to your website.
SEO marketing covers many areas in drawing customers through search engine optimisation and web marketing techniques. The team at Hinton Digital can advise you on the best package and seo marketing techniques to help your business to grow.